OCT 10th, 2016 "FreshPitch" News Center
Do you have any knack for fund-raising for your documentary? Fresh Pitch offers a great opportunity you should not miss. From October 25 to 28, the summit will be hosted by Town of Documentary, Dongshan, Suzhou. Now, it is welcoming pitches from the world through invitation and submission starting on September 8.
To identify and actualize quality works, Fresh Pitch dedicates itself to selecting new pitches around the world, particularly outstanding works for possible cross-media communication, ranging from short films, individual documentaries, documentary series, documentary films to VR. However, the Organizing Committee prefers works that are submitted to the summit for the first time. From the entries with a theme about China, 15–20 pitches will be chosen with one or two of their crews invited to Dongshan, and these pitches will be presented during the 3-day summit.
1. Contents: entry form, director's statement, synopsis, budget description, trailor, contact Information (please refer to entry form for details).
2. Application Form: download the Entry Form from Home Page;
3. Deadline: 24:00 October 8, 2016. All forms and other necessary information must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
1. The presenter of any pitch on the final list will enjoy free accommodation services and training related to presentation.
2. The summit offers a total of 200,000RMB in prizes, including one first prize, 50,000RMB each; two second prizes, 30,000RMB each; three third prizes, 20,000RMB each; one special prize for VR, 30,000RMB each, accounting for 40–50% of 15–20 pitches on the final list.
3. A fund of over 5 million RMB will be pooled with contributions from international authorities including Yaddo and The WHY Foundation, Discovery, EBS, EDN, HotDocs, Vice and Ro*co as well as emerging entities in China, such as, V.qq.com, News.youku.com, Miaopai, Ergeng, Li Video, Caixin Video, Shenzhen Kandao, Yunji Jianglai, ROI Festival, Suning Universal Culture, Tropic of Cancer Fund, LETV Virtual Reality Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd. and Dongshan Documentary Fund, whose commissioning editors will get together during the summit.
4. If any pitch on the final list is presented at any summit with an international reputation in the next year, or nominated for any exhibition with an international reputation in the next three years, the “Fresh Pitch” Organizing Committee will provide a subsidy for an economy class round trip to the presentation or award ceremony. (Authenticity and Validity Commitment: any presenter invited by international summit or nominated for an international award must submit an application to the Fresh Pitch Organizing Committee, and will receive the subsidy after the application is evaluated, which will be announced to the public).
The nomination for final list will be publicized on the official media of the summit.
Official Websie: www.freshpitch.net
Official Wechat: "新鲜提案FreshPitch"
Officical Weibo: @新鲜提案－东山真实影像提案大会
Contact: Zhu Chen; Ran Peng
Wechat of the Service Platform of Chinese Documentary Film Industry: docucn
Industrial Supporter: Doc China
Editor: Xiao Ye